Friday, November 13, 2015

Creative Inspiration - A Really Summery Feel


Hello all.

Back again this week sharing with you three layouts I created a while back using a summery feeling fun kit sent to me by the lovely Leanne. 

I was lucky to have all these goodies sent to me to play with...
How yummy do these papers look!!! I have to admit to being a little unsure of the wood grain paper though. However once I actually played with it the layout came together really easily. 

The embellishments in this kit really added to the summery feel of this layout. I love the mix of mellow yellow with the aqua and blue

So here's the first layout I created using my goodies.
I have worked with a white card stock base. I found that once I had added the patterned paper strips that There was too much white so used some of the mellow yellow washi tape to "fill in" the white and think the washi has added to the feel of the page.

On my journal card I have played around with a pile of old number stickers from my stash. I have coloured the numbers all black to make them uniform in colour and to tie in to the black accents I have added. How cute too is the little wooden die cut word !! 

I then finished off the layout with some aqua glitter alphas I had in my stash that matched perfectly with this paper range.

Now the next layout was where I really tested myself by using the wood grain patterned paper as the base for this layout. I trimmed it slightly to matt in on some Kraft card stock to give it a plain border.I have then used some of the matching papers to brighten the base up a little. 

I love the sun burnt orange colours in the accents in this kit too. I have added the the journal spot and jazzed it up with the matching flairs and buttons to add some dimension to the layout.

I am still loving the coloured doilies too. I have tucked one in under the matted photo on this layout and then brightened it up with some of the matching washi for this layout.

For the last layout I have stuck with the mellow yellow and aqua on a kraft base. I love this mellow yellow colour as it isn't really too bold a colour. I kept my photo black and white for this layout as I really wanted to colours in the paper to shine.

I played around with some more of my number stickers for a base on some slightly more tan coloured kraft card stock. My title I made with a mix of the aqua glitter alphas and medium alphas stickers. 

To add a bit of depth to the page I played around with a wax paper bag and a kraft coloured tag. I finished the tag off with a matching dark aqua journal spot from the kit.

Super fun summery feel kit to play with. 

Well back to creating some more bits and pieces.

Till next time.

TFL, M x








No comments: