Sunday, August 30, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 35 2015

Well... finally back on track.... 

Here's the post that was due to be online on Friday last week....

I have been scrapping together the last bit ad pieces from the last of  the Crate Paper - Open Book paper range that Leanne from Mad About Scrappin sent me to play with.

This week I really didn't have a lot of the paper range left to create a layout but managed to squeeze two cards out of the scraps.
I had two cards that I needed to make in mind for two ladies from Calisthenics. The Calisthenics year all done and dusted for another year (apart from solos) and Kiah wanted to able to thank two people that have supported her a lot this year. Especially with the transition to a new club and with doing her first Graceful Girl performance. Without their support it wouldn't have all been possible.

Anyways...... 
Both cards were created on a recycled card base and I have inked the edges to give them both a vintage aged feel. Each card had a base of two pieces of the patterned paper as the base to start from the pink floral one I stamped to butterfly chicken wire stamp onto the base paper and the white floral has the same stamp on the white paper bag. Then I set about personalising each one.

For the white floral card I knew that I wanted to use the large fabric flower as the starting point  for the cluster and worked from there. I adhered a small white doily then made a double bow from garden twine to adhere the white fabric flower to. Then it was just a case of adding in the smaller flowers and a white paper leaf. I finished off the card by adding a tag to the paper bag and then added the greeting.

For the pink floral card I still had some of the floral paper from the range left. I decided to use the roses on the paper as the starting point for the embellishments and worked from there. I layered the hand cut roses and leaves then added in the sheer white ribbon bow. I scattered some paper flowers that matched perfectly. I then used a flair to create the greeting for  the card as it said it all. Then finished to card off with a sprinkle of mini gemstones here and there.

Both cards are simple and quick to make.

The best bit was that I was able to use up the last bits and pieces from the kit!

Well... Back to working on the new kit I have to share with you this week coming.

Till then.. 

Get Scrappy.

TFL, M x

No comments: