Friday, March 27, 2015

Something just a little bit different !!!

I have been lucky enough to have been chosen to be part of an amazing team of extremely talented people, Crafty Crusaders, as part of their guest designers. I am super excited to be able to be part of this team and cannot wait to be able to share work I have created for them. 

Anyways... after having been with the team for a few weeks I was asked to play around with some products from Pebeo. I was extremely spoilt and had all these goodies to play around with to my hearts content.

Now I wasn't just playing around with these products for fun.. I had to get my head around them all in time for the Pebeo demonstration that I had been asked to do at Spotlight as part of their March Craft Fest earlier this month. I wanted to create a few samples to add to the display showing everyone what the products can do. 

However ... as most of you know I have to challenge the product a little an think outside the box. With that in mind I pulled out a few stamps and had a play.

One of the things that I always seem to encounter at demos is people saying that they would never be able to create something that I have or that they aren't able to work out their own designs. That got me thinking... I wondered if it was possible to use a image stamped onto porcelain to create a piece I was happy with.

I started by sponging the tile with some white Pebeo Vitrail Glass Paint and let it dry. I then used a Kaiser Craft stamp and some Stazon ink to stamp the rose image onto the tile when the paint was dry. I then used a Pebeo Porcelain marker to follow some of the main lines of the stamped image. This dried very quickly and went over the stamped image perfectly.

Once I had completely outlined with the Pebeo Porcelain marker I then used a fine paint brush and painted the rose and leaves using Pebeo Vitrail Glass paint and some Pebeo Porcelain paint.
  (*** I did mix the Pebeo Vitrail and Pebeo Porcelain paints to get the colours I desired and found that they mix really well.) 

Here's what the completed tile looks like. It has a lovely dimensional feel to it and was super easy to do using the stamped image. As you can see the ink from the stamp image did not effect the Pebeo paints in any way. I love how crisp the image has turned out using the stamped image and outlining it with the Pebeo Porcelain marker.

So once all my samples were ready the big demo day was upon me. 
I was extremely excited to be back demoing again. It was so much fun sharing with everyone that stopped by what these products can do. 

Looking forward to being able to share with you all what I get up to with Crafty Crusaders as a guest designer.

Till then.

TFL, M x


No comments: