Friday, March 27, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 13 2015


Good morning all.

I almost forgot to get this blog post up and running.

Anyways... once again I have been playing around and making a mess with some more of the "Something Wonderful" product range from Teresa Collins. 

This week I have certainly made a bit of a mess creating this layout as I have played around with a bit of paint for my base.
I still have a bucket load of card stock in a wonder of colours that I just cant seem to work with. Well this week I decided it was time to hit that stash. Will a bit of paint and some stamping I have been able to create a base that I was happy with. I have also trimmed the green card stock and matted it with the white to tie in the patterned paper. 

 All the embellishments on this page tie into the wood veneer frame that I have used to frame my photo. This keeps the embellishments simple as I have mixed them up. Because it has been kept simple the brighter colours of this paper really pop out. 

I had a ball playing around with some embroidery floss and stitching on this layout. I felt it added that little bit extra. I like too how it works with the whole square pattern of this layout that I have carried through with everything. I like how the stamp just peeks through too. I have used a dove grey staz on ink so that the stamped pattern is subtle in the background.

Have you got a pile of card stock just sitting there in your stash you don't use ?

Why not mix it up and create your own base.

Till next week,

TFL, M x

No comments: