Saturday, May 3, 2014

New month brings a new challenge


Now I love a challenge. 

I love sketches. 

Especially when I am stumped for ideas and just don't know where to start some days. 

With the start of May comes a new sketch challenge  at Mad About Scrappin.

This month's sketch has been created by fellow Creative Team Member, Crece.

So here's my take on the sketch.
I went digging in my stash for this paper range. I have had another clean out and I can see more empty cupboard now than clutter and unused stash. I have kept as true to the sketch as possible however have given it my own little twist here and there. That is what I struggle with sometimes when using a sketch.. getting it to work for me. I get a little OCD about making it look exactly the same and then when I play around with it I find it just doesn't work for me. I think I just need to relax and remember that it is a just a starting point and the sketch is there to inspire. 

Loved playing around with this layout. Though I must say that at times I do struggle with embellishing a masculine layout. However thanks to these cute Studio Calico cork chevrons I am in love. They are sooooo much fun to play with. I am really impressed with the quality and kinda regretting not having bought more at the last Mad About Scrappin sale! lol. 

I love too that the Studio Calico cork pack also came with these little cork arrows. 
Finished off my layout nicely I think. 

Why not give this month's sketch a try.

Head over to Mad About Scrappin's Blog to find out more.

TFL, M x

No comments: