Friday, May 2, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 18


Hello everyone.

Well.. so starts another month. Along with a new month starting this week the kids went back to school here in Adelaide so I have found myself with some time to catch up on studies and scrap. 

I have been playing aound with some of this paper range again this week form Mad About Scrappin.
I must say that I have found this paper range by Chickaniddy Crafts to be very versatile. 

This week my aim to stay ahead of the game and have gotten my Mother's Day card's all sorted nice and early this year. The cards are two different sizes because one of the cards has to be posted and the other I will be giving in person so I didn't need to worry about the envelope.
So here's the two cards I have created this week.

Larger card I have made as 6'x6' size. I haven't made cards this size for a little while now and I must say i found it a little challenging to fill the space on the card. Because my cards are usually made using scraps that is one of the reasons I tend to make them 4'x4' normally. Plus the fact that because my cards are quite dimensional and need to be posted it is easier to keep them smaller. 

I have created a lot of layers on the larger card. I did cheat however and cut away the paper from the centres of the lower layers that you can see. I wasn't going to but I felt it was making the front of the card too weighty aside from the fact I knew I would be able to use the hidden piece too. I have used some mixed bits and pieces from my personal stash to embellish the card. I am in love with the wood veneer words. They add that little bit extra to the card.

The last card I have created has to be posted so I have kept it to my normal scrap size of 4'x4'.  I am finding I actually enjoy scrapping this size the best. I think because I can get the card done quickly and that I am able to use up all my scraps easily. Once again I have used up a few bits and pieces from my personal stash including lots of yummy flowers from Mad About Scrappin sales. 

Well.. better get back to the grind stone. 

Till next weeks inspiration.

TFL, M x



No comments: