Friday, January 31, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 5


Hello again. 

Back this week to share with you a layout I have created on behalf of Mad About Scrapping.

Still am using bits and pieces from this kit.
 Must say it always amazes me the different looks you get from the same paper range. 

So there the layout I have created this week.
I have been having a MAJOR clean out of my scrap area again. I mean I just have so much stuff that I just haven't used. I have a rule here too that if I haven't used it during the year just gone then it goes. 
So during this clean up and reorganise I have found so much stuff that I have wanted to use and just haven't. I also found a pile of rub ons that I had forgotten I had. I must admit too that some of the rub ons I have found have certainly reached their used by dates. They just don't seem to adhere very well. 
So I decided to use one of those sets on my background. 
I distressed the edge of the card stock with ink to start with. I then stamped the edges with a script stamp using my hand as a stamp block. I then used some ink and a stencil to create the brick effect randomly. Lastly I used those rub ons that were a little bit past their used by date. I liked these black and white alphas as the white ties in the white from the embellishments. 
I found these kraft paper doilies at the cheap shop the other day. I really wanted to play with them so added them into this layout for a bit of texture. I love this kit too as it has some great stickers in the pack. Have used a few of them as my embellishments on this layout. 

So.. do you have things laying around that you haven't used for a while ?

Do you clean out your scrap area on a regular basis to freshen things up ?

Back to scrapping for me.

Till next week.

TFL, M x

No comments: