Friday, January 17, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 3

Okay.. so back this week to share with you a little bit of creative fun I have been up to here while the weather has been sweltering here in Adelaide, South Australia.
 
Perfect time for me to scrap really while we have been hiding inside to try and stay cool.
 
So.. once again I have been playing with the Jenni Bowlin Photo Freedom kit from Mad About Scrappin.
 
Here the full page I have created this week with the kit.
Now I must admit it is taking me a little bit to get in to this kit.. not because I don't like the colours but because I haven't played around with scrapping in photo pockets before. So I have done a little bit of research (Pintrest lol) and have started to play around with Project Life this year too. After much research I have decided that if I tackle each pocket as its own little "layout" and then tie them all together it works for me as a 12 x 12 layout as such.. if that makes sense.

Because I like dimension on my pages I just couldn't stay away from adding some to the pockets. Now I found that the 6 x 4 pockets were fine when it came to adding in a fair bit of dimension like shown above.
However I found the trick to the 3 x 4 pocket was to cut down the base of each "layout" just a smidge and this helped to give just that little bit more room to play. I found that the smaller wood veneer shapes fit fine in these pockets too and added that little bit extra.

I found it fun to be able to record lots of little memories on one page. I am not normally one to have multiple photos on one layout.. however because of the way this kit and pages is designed I found I actually liked this way of scrapping multiple photos. So much so I have been looking at getting more of these kits. I love that it includes so much EVEN the page protectors !!! 
 
 MAS Products Used =
Jenni Bowlin Photo Freedom Kit
Wood Veneer Camera and Polaroid Frame
Washi Tape
WOW people
 
From my Stash =
Staples
Garden Twine
3D Foam Dots
Paper Doily
Metal Flower
Heidi Grace Tabs
Paper Flower
Rubons
Book Page
Package Tag
 
Well better get back to it... lots more left in the kit to scrap with so off to play some more.
 
TFL, M x
 
 

No comments: