Friday, December 13, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 26


Hello all.
 
Back this week to share with you a little something I have created for you on behalf of
Mad About Scrappin.
 
This week however I have something a little different to share.
 
Being the that the silly season has started and we are all in the mad rush to the finish line for Xmas I thought I would create a few cards to start to stock up my card stash for the new year.
 
 So with that in mind here is a few cards that I have create with the Pink Paislee - Cottage Farms paper range.
 I quite like this paper range for making cards as the pattern on the paper wasn't too large for the card size I had in mind. Now. I love to make cards for family and friends. However the problem I always seem to run into is the size of the card and how I will fit it into an envelope once I have added all the dimensional embellishments I love to add to the card. Plus the fact of all the paper and card stock wastage I seem to get when I am making cards. So with that in mind I decided to create cards using once sheet of card stock as the base. So I decided to create 4"x4" cards. From one sheet of card stock I was able to create 4 cards with a small scrap of the card stock to used as needed. This size is also perfect to fit into a C6 size envelope and have it seal nicely once all the embellishments are added. Which is great when you have to post them as it only costs a standard stamp price.
 
For the first card I have inked all the patterned paper with a black ink to create a bit of drama to the lighter paper. I have also used a script stamp to stamp the base patterned paper. With some of the scrap card stock I have stamped the cupcake and then mounted it using 3D foam. Finished it all off with a little kindy glitz and the card was done.

For the second card I have once again inked all the edges. I then made a paper bow from the black patterned paper as an embellishment and stamped a larger cake on the scrap card stock as an embellishment. I then added some kindy glitz to the cake and a greeting with some mini alphas and the card was all done.
 
Do you like to have cards on hand like I do for all those special occasions ?
 
I find it a great way to use up some scraps too and stay organise. Because when you need the cards they are already done.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Till next week.
 
TFL, M x
 

No comments: