Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Playing around with a sketch

Wow... where has this year gone.. another round of school holidays has hit here in Adelaide. In preparation for the school holidays I have been busy getting all my scrap commitments sorting. One of my tasks was to get some of my challenges done.
 
I had a blast playing around with the sketch designed by fellow creative team member Renee here at Mad About Scrappin.
 
Still working through some of the paper range by Echo Park Paper Co - A Perfect Summer. I love how playful this paper range is. So armed with the sketch and this paper range I set to work scrapping away. Here's my take on this sketch.
 
No I did play around with the sketch a little as the orientation of the photo just wasn't working with the photo that I wanted to use to match my paper range. So I just flipped the photo and worked from there.

I must admit too that I even pulled out my old sixxix machine that has been collecting dust on my shelf to create these flower. Super simple but at least that way I had embellishments that matched my layout perfectly.

Now when it can to the circle element of the layout I wasn't too cure how I was going to create it. So I decided to get a little creative and try a technique I have used before. A little help from my paper scorer and a little folding and I was able to create the perfect circle with heaps of dimension.  To finish it off I just added a little lace trim I have had laying around in my stash since forever.

I had heaps of fun playing around with this sketch. I must also say that I will be sad to see this paper range finished too as it is such a cheery paper range to play with.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: