Friday, October 11, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 18

 
Hello everyone.
 
Hard to believe that I have been sharing with a you all a layout of the week on behalf of
Mad About Scrappin for 18 weeks now!
 
Where have all those weeks gone??
 
Time just seems to be whizzing by this year.
 
Before I know it Christmas will be here!
 
Anyway.. this week I have to admit to being time poor for scrap time. Being school holidays here at the moment, having had a week off for a family holiday at home and being knee deep in paperwork this week I really have left this weeks layout till the VERY last minute.
I know.. I know... not like me at all.
 
It is not that I haven't wanted to scrap.. but the my paperwork fairy is non existent this week,
so I have been left to the task myself. Plus the amount of paperwork I have been needing to type up for filing is HUGE!!! so far stands at over 50 pages!!!!
 
So with all that in mind today after lunch I took a quick..or should I say VERY QUICK break to scrap this layout for you using the yummy Echo Park Co. paper range - A Perfect Summer.
 
So here's this weeks quick layout.
 
I just cant seem to get enough of this paper range. I must say I am starting to run down to the last scraps at the moment though. I have JUST enough for one more layout and will be sad to see it all gone.
 
This week I found that the plain white card stock base just wasn't doing it for me with this layout. It looked too stark. So I set to work making a major mess of my hands with some staz on and a Kaisercraft background stamp. I think it has helped the colours of this paper to really pop.

Once again this week I have added a bit of washi tape to the layout. I love the look and feel of washi tape. I also love how quickly it can add to a layout with very little effort.
 
Rather than just have a title on the page I decided to use some of the word stickers from the matching Echo Park Co. Sticker sheet along with some Kaisercraft mini stickers to journal on the page. I mounted them stickers to some scrap white card stock and then mounted them onto the page using 3D foam squares. Adds a bit of dimension and creates a bit of interest I think.
 
I then finished it all off with a bit of bakers twine and some bright button. Super quick I must say.
 
Sometimes it is just a fun when you are time poor to just create a really quick layout.
 
Took me about 30 minutes to complete and I must say I am quite happy with this bright and bubbly layout. I'm happy I got a chance to play in this super busy week.
 
Better get back to the paperwork pile before it eats me alive!
 
Till next week.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: