Friday, September 13, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 14

Back once again to share with you what fun I have been busy creating here.
 
This week I have tried something just a little different. With all the talk lately about using up scraps I though I would stick with the same theme and start using up some of the kits that I have partially used over the past few weeks when I was busy creating for the Royal Adelaide Show.
 
While sorting through these scraps I found that I still had plenty of an Authentique kit left that I had grabbed ages ago at a Mad About Scrappin Flog it Friday Sale. I had partially used the kit for a layout for the show and thought that I would have enough to get creative with it all over again.
 
So here's what I created.

Now... I did want a little bit of a different feel to this layout and just could seem to be able to choose which of the scraps I wanted to used for part of my base. So with that in mind I got a little creative with the scraps cutting them into random size strips ranging from 1/4" to 1" in width. Then I randomly adhered them to some scrap card stock on a slight slant across the card stock. I am quite happy with the end result. Even though I have a mix of patterns as my base because the Authentique paper range I used all colour matches it works together to create my background perfectly.
 
 
Included in this pack was a piece of muslin that I just had to use on this layout. Rather than creating flowers from it or adhering it neatly to the page, I decided to scrunch it up and adhere it underneath my photo and journal card so that a bit just poked out. I then set to work distressing it all a little. Just didn't feel that a neat edge would add to the look I wanted for this.
 
 
To finish it all off and make it a little more girlie I added in some flowers from the pack and my stash, ribbon and little bits of bling.
 
Had so much fun creating and using up some more of my stash I have had laying around dying to be used up.
 
Have you created something using an old kit that you grabbed from a Flog It Friday Sale at Mad About Scrappin ? Or perhaps you have been wondering what to do with your scraps from left over kits ?
 
Why not get creative with them and try something different.
 
Get scrapping.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: