Friday, August 16, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 10

Welcome again to another week of sharing what I have been up for
 
This week I have mixed it up a little and decided it was time to scrap a photo of my son. I find that I take photos of all my children, but tend to scrap more photos of my girls. I enjoy scrapping boy layouts I just don't seem to do it often enough.
 
Now because I was making a boy layout I decided to mess up the card stock a little with some glimmer mist and mister huey sprays. I even let it blotch as I really like the effect of the ink that way. I also added a splash of white gesso paint  on top of the sprays in the centre to add a bit of texture.
 
I then decided to stick with a fairly basic colour scheme for this layout and used only the black and mustard coloured papers from the "Well Played" paper range by Carta Bella.
 
So here's the finished layout I had fun creating. 
 
Now to mix it up I found some old C6 size yellow envelopes in my stash when I decluttered a few weeks ago. I really wanted to add it the base of this layout but I found the yellow was a little too bold. So I inked up the edges, and lightly stamped it with a script stamp using an almost dried up staz on ink pad I had laying around. I then layered up my embellishments before popping on my photo.
 
 Then finally I added some washi tape and some matching buttons to finish off the layout. They added some extra height to the layout. Super easy and quite an effective layout if I do say so myself.
 
Have you played around with a new paper range lately that you would normally use ?
 
Have you created a layout on a theme that you wouldn't scrap normally ?
 
Why not think outside the box and check out some of the great paper ranges available in store at
 
Get Scrappin.
 
TFL,  M x
 

No comments: