Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fussy cutting and stamping

 
Wow !!! So starts another much of this quickly disappearing year !!
 
And with the start of a new month comes a new monthly challenge from Mad About Scrappin.
I must admit that I had to think a little with this months challenge. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with this until I started to play around a bit and the challenge then fell into place.
 
I must admit that the part I loved the most about this challenge was the stamping. I use a stamp of some shape or form on almost every layout, card or off the page item. I like how you can add such simple decoration with a page without any huge cost. I also love how flexible stamps can be with their uses.
 
So here's the layout in full I created with this challenge in mind.
 
My original plan was to stamp onto water colour paper and then hand colour the images to match the basis grey paper that I had worked with. However, knowing that that can be a little time consuming I opted for the easy option. I stamped the images multiple times, hand cut them and layered them all using 3D foam to create dimension on the page.

 
Now.. for my journaling component I used a mix of chipboard letters to journal on page. I used a permanent marker to colour them all to make them all look uniform and then hit them with a little dimensional magic (which you can see is still a little damp lol) to add a bit of gloss to the page.

 
Why not give this months challenge at Mad About Scrappin a go.
 
Get creative and see where it leads you.
 
Dont' forget to check out all the fun goodies on sale in the Mad About Scrappin store while your at it.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: