Friday, July 12, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 5



Wow.. hard to believe that a month has gone since we began sharing with you layouts that we have created using products from the Mad About Scrappin Store. I have enjoyed sharing with you all tips and techniques that I have used to create all my fun filled layouts and looking forward to another month of being able to continue sharing ideas with you all.

Now .. I must say that this months goodies were VERY hard to cut up. I am so in love with this line of paper as it was so versatile to play with and I was very reluctant to cut the paper at all.  So many choices to play with as the paper is double sided and so easy to work with for many layout or card ideas.

So I decided to start off this month with a fairly simple layout using embellishments that I have created using the paper itself. 

Now with wanting to use the patterned paper to create my own embellishments for this layout I pulled out a few chipboard flower shapes I keep in my stash just for this purpose. Yes I know I could have used punches, but I just didn't have the punches that I wanted to use... so I set to work using some of the scraps to create my flowers. 

 By holding the three flowers shapes together using brads I was able to shape with flowers to create dimension without having to wait for the adhesive to dry. Then is was simply a case of laying the flowers on the layout until I was happy with their placement and adhering them using 3D foam tape. 

As you can see I haven't added a title as such to this layout either.. I have used one of the journal cards to do all my talking for me and to provide my title. 


I must say that when I first saw these little heart beads I crinkled up my nose a little and wondered what on earth I was going to do with them. I have a bucket load of these myself along with alpha ones that I am very guilty of buying and NEVER using lol. 

However.. being up for a challenge I set to work to be able to use these in  my layouts some way. That was when I got the idea of being able to use them to add a bit of dimension to my banner across my page. I must also admit that I have rediscovered the beads I NEVER use and think I will be playing with them again some time soon. 

Why not try out a new technique or play around with some goodies that you haven't used for a while.

Its all about thinking outside the box.

Check out what new goodies are in store at Mad About Scrappin.

Get scrapping.

TFL, M x



1 comment:

misty said...

Beautiful! Love the banner and flowers!