Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Challenging fun with Scrap Around The World

Hello all..
 
Been finally able to scrap for me... what you say... not design team work...
 
YES... have been wanting to play along with a few challenges these past few months and this month I decided now that I have wound down my design team commitments it was time to play.
 
So.. where did I start...
 
Well I just couldn't pass a chance to play along with this month's challenge at Scrap Around The World.
 
When I saw the Scrap Around The World mood board

 and sketch
I just knew it was crying out to be played with.

Must say I it was so much fun to play along because I was able to make so much mess. I had found the photo used in this layout on my daughters camera from our recent trip to Townsville.  It really matched in with the ideas I had flowing from the mood board. I also played around with the sketch a little to suit my portrait photo.
 
So here's my take on the latest Scrap Around The World challenge.

Mind you it is a little hard to see but I did get messy creating the base of my layout using my favourite napkin technique, texture paste, ink, stamps and some twinkling H2Os.
 
 I also created my top layer of my banner using some really yummy washi tape I found stashed away while cleaning my scrap room.
 
Thanks for the inspiration Scrap Around The World.
 
Check out everyone else's take the challenge.. I am sure you will be inspired as I was.
 
TFL, M x
 


7 comments:

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love the texture on your page! Thank you for sharing your work at Scrap Around the World.

juscrap said...

Hi Michelle! Gorgeous page! Thanks for playing along with us at SATW.

Leonie said...

So glad you had fun joining in our challenge at SATW Michelle. Getting messy is always lots of fun, your page is great. :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Ooooh lovely texture! what a neat idea to use the washi to make your luscious banner. Thanks a bunch for sharing your page with us at SATW!

Ella Swan said...

Beautifully detailed page! Thanks so much for playing at SATW!! Please remember next time to link to your actual blog post by clicking on the title & pasting that whole URL into the linky so the DT can find your entry easily - thanks so much!!

Jessy Christopher said...

What a lovely layout! Thanks for playing along at SATW!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is gorgeous!!