Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mixing it up with Bo Bunny

Hello everyone.

Seems like ages since I have been able to share with you things I have created with goodies from Mad About Scrapping.

I love love love all the products that Leanne has for sale in the store.

Being chosen to play along on the design team has been a blessing too as everyone is so much fun to work with.

Now.. part of my design team fun was to pick some goodies to play with. Now.. I must say.. when I first went and picked the Bo Bunny Serenade paper range to play with I didn't actually have these layouts in mind or even the photos I ended up using. (I was actually going to create some masculine layouts)

However while my goodies arrived I was in love. The paper range is SOOOOOOO much nicer in real life than what I thought. Plus must say that I haven't created three layouts as quickly as I did with this paper range. I just had to play and so wanted to just keep creating with this paper range.

Now for this first layout I did you must be wondering what the multi patterned paper is.. well it isn't one piece of paper that is for sure..lol. As some of you may know I like to think outside the box and challenge myself. So with that in mind I set to work creating the multi patterned paper area on a scrap of card stock. I then cut multiple strips of the mixed patterned papers to 3" x 3/4" in size and adhered them randomly using both sides of the patterned paper in a chevron style pattern. I am most impressed with this idea myself and have repeated this process a few times myself. I have also done it to use up scraps I have had laying around. Quite effective really.
So here's what I have created...
Layout 1

 
Now for this first layout I did you must be wondering what the multi patterned paper is.. well it isnt one piece of paper that is for sure..lol. As some of you may know I like to think outside the box and challenge myself. So with that in mind I set to work creating the multi patterned paper area on a scrap of card stock. I then cut multiple strips of the mixed patterned papers to 3" x 3/4" in size and adered them randomly using both sides of the patterned paper in a chevron style pattern. I am most impressed with this idea myself and have repeated this process a few times myself. I have also done it to use up scraps I have had laying around. Quite effective really.

Layout 2

Now with this layout I really wanted to break up the bold papers just a little. I didn't want large blocks of paper and I wanted to be use as many of the patterns papers as possible. So with that in mind I was able to do this by using 4 different sized circle punches. Must say how ever that I didn't create this heart shape free hand. I started by cutting a heart out of scrap card stock and tracing it onto the card stock base where I wanted to heart to be. Then I placed the hearts randomly in the heart shape till I was happy with the mix of patterns and shape. THEN I adhered them down. This gave me a cance to mix the patterns up a bit till I was happy with them. Quite a simple background but so easy to do.

Layout 3


So for the last layout I created .. Yes as you may be able to see I am a little crazy. I had this smart idea to hand stitch all the pieces of patterned paper to the card stock base. I adhered the centre of each of the shapes to the base where I wanted them and then stitched using embroidery floss. It was a little time consuming.. 4 hours of just stitching but found it quite fun.. despite the fact I was stitching through 3 layers of paper and card stock. I am grateful that I pierced all the holes first as it made the stitching a lot either.

Lastly...

And just for a little something to use up a few of the scraps I played around and created a quick card.
Super quick and easy but love the boldness of the colours.

Why not head over to the store yourself and check out all the yummy papers yourself.

TFL. M x

No comments: