Thursday, November 22, 2012

Cherish those around you

Hello all.
 
I am most excited to be able to share this Helmar project I created just recently with you all.
 
First to explain just a little about the project...
 
I absolutely adore creating things for other people. I also love being able to create something with a bit of meaning behind it. So bearing all that in mind I recently had a trip up to Townsville. Now before the trip I had it set in my mind that I wanted to be able to create a little something for the Woman's Hospital where my first child was born and became a little angel in heaven at the same time. The staff at the hospital were amazing and have been a great support to me and my family ever since. This year marked a special anniversary with it being his sixteenth birthday. So I wanted to be able to give back to all those special people that work in the Neonatal ward. I find the work, love and support that they put into their job truly amazing and have been blessed to have had them help myself and my family throughout the past years.
 
So.. with all this in mind I wanted to create something that could be hung up to remind everyone how precious time is and to not take anything for granted. Life is just too precious in my mind.
 
I created a canvas for the ward that was about 30" x 40" in size. I had lots of fun making so much mess with some Helmar Decoupage Paste, napkins and texture paste to create this canvas base.
 
 
I coloured my texture paste using an iridescent red paint. However because I also wanted to add some depth to the canvas with some script stamping, once the paint was dry I sprayed the whole canvas with a light layer of Helmar Cystral Kote Fixative. This prevented any running. Once I had finished all the stamping I then gave the whole canvas a coat of Helmar Crystal Kote Matte Vanish. This took any shine out of the base from all the adhesives and also seal the whole base nicely.
 
Using Helmar Liquid Scrapdots to adhere the embellishments to the canvas meant the I could create a lot of depth and dimension to the base with so much ease. And the best bit was that I knew with all the help from my trusted Helmar products that the canvas would stand the test of time without anything falling off.

 
I had stamped butterflies onto transparency paper that I had adhered napkins to. To adhere them to the base I used a dab of Helmar 450. It adhered them nicely to the texture paste with little effort.

 
 
Off to get crafting with some more Helmar goodness.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: