Saturday, July 21, 2012

Making a mess and getting creative with The Robin's Nest and Helmar

This week, the Helmar Design Team have been having a blast playing around with some fun products from

I must say.. that until recently I knew very little about The Robin's Nest and what products they have.
Well.... I have been majorly missing out that's all I can say.

Since I have received some of their products from Helmar and am now part of The Robin's Nest Design Team, I have had a chance to really play around with some amazing products.

As I said in my first post for The Robin's Nest I have ABSOLUTELY fallen in love with their dewdrops.

I think I have used them on every card and layout I have made in the last week. They are so versatile and add the extra pop to cards and layouts alike. I know that I am eager to pop over to the shop and stock up as they are so much fun to play with.

Plus to add to the added bonus I am now in love with their papers. I have been covered in glitter for the last week playing around with their paper ranges. I have never really been a huge glittered paper fan. That was until I received some of The Robin's Nest papers to play with. I have found the quality to be really good and the thickness of them perfect for playing around with and making a huge mess.

And yes... as most of you know I do like to mix it up a bit and play around with my papers.
So.. I got to work when I received my supplies to create this layout.

The base of the layout was created using old book pages adhered using my trusted Helmar Acid Free Glue wash to a piece of pasteboard cut to size and then lightly misted with gesso spray to mute it down. I then spread the centre of the layout with a layer of texture paste roughly and added a colour wash when the texture paste was dry.

The hearts were then created by book page adhered to light card stock using Helmar Acid Free Glue wash, and the others are hand cut from The Robin's Nest paper that I had chosen to work with because of the thickness of The Robin's Nest paper it was perfect for creating embellishments from. I was able to hand stitch them onto the card stock base quite nicely and fold the edges upwards and they help their shape.

I was then able to add that extra little bit of pop to the layout by adding The Robin' Nest dew drops to the smaller black hearts and randomly adhered them using Helmar Gemstone Glue over the base of the layout. I used the clear dew drops, which meant they were able to pick up the colours from the base of the layout nicely.

So super easy to create such a simple layout using some great products from Helmar and The Robin's Nest.

Off to play some more with my Robin's Nest products.

Happy Scrapping.

TFL M x


No comments: