Monday, June 11, 2012

A little of messy birthday fun

Hello everyone..

I am here today on behalf of


To share with you what crafty goodness I have been up to.

Here in Adelaide we have just had a long weekend... which has meant after all the medial household chores had been done I have been able to get down and dirty with my scrapping supplies.

So I pulled out these goodies and got to work

Who would have though that a few napkins and some Helmar adhesives I could have so much fun making such a big mess!

I used a glue wash I had made up, using watered down Helmar Acid Free Glue and water till I had a gravy type consistency. I started by adhering old book pages onto some recycled card  that was about 1.5mm think. Gave the stability that I like without causing any warping. I also used my Helmar glue spreader to get rid of any nasty bubbles and to spread the glue wash over the top evenly.


Started to layer the book paged base with single layers of contrasting napkin pieces I had cut up randomly.

Then I gave the whole piece a coating with a mixture of a little glue wash and white paint. This helped to mute the colours down and also gave that extra protection.

I pulled some contrast paper from my stash and made up a few things for the front of the card.
Then I inked to my hearts content theses

along with the card base and the napkin centre piece.
I even stamped with a script stamp randomly around the edges of the napkin piece to add that extra dimension.
Little hint.. to prevent my ink from running I gave the napkin piece a coat of Helmar Krystal Kote Workable Matte Medium.. no nasty running or smudging!

Here's what the cards started to look like once I had added these little bit, some ink and some mini alpha stickers for the greeting... still needed some thing though so I kept going...

 From a little piece of the scrap card that I had covered I stamped a butterfly image and cut it out. This really made a simple embellishment that complimented the card perfectly.

I then added a little bling (whats a card without a little BLING!!) and some twine and adhered the butterfly to the card with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. Added some staples to the garden twine to add a little bit extra and that was it... The card was all done!

And here's a look at the finished card. All ready to be sent off to a lucky lady who's birthday is coming up this week.

Hope you enjoyed checking out what I have been busily crafting.

Why not head over to 

to grab some goodies to get creating your self today.

Or sit back with a cuppa and check out what the Chattering Robin's have been up to on the blog.

Till later, Happy crafting, M x


6 comments:

Amy Lynne said...

Whoa! This is such a beautiful piece, and I love your tutorial, I just have to give this a try! Thanks for the inspiration!:)

Proxxon Tools said...

like the way you think out of the box. thanks for your submission to be on the robin nest Dt

ddazzled71 said...

Such a great background technique and I just love your overall card! TFS.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! This is absolutely AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee how you created the background and the butterfly is WOW!!!!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Wow, what a beautiful card.

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

I forgot to mention thank you for sharing your adhesive techniques using the Helmar..i am new to finding and learning about the product and it's uses..Hoping to get some in my hands soon. Heeee got carried away with how pretty your card turn out..fabulous..thanks for sharing into detail.