OMG! I have been dying to share this with everyone since I finished this last week...
I have been sharing a few sneak peeks on my facebook page as I have gone along.. but held off from showing everyone the completed project.
Let me explain.... We had a new cheap "junk"shop.. and I mean junk in the nicest way, I always find lots of goodies in these types of shops.
Anyways.. a few month's ago I saw a photo (sorry cannot for the life of me remember where) of a shopping centre that had displayed umbrellas that had been decorated by school children and hung upside down with things suspended from them. I was in love with that idea. So when I new went to the shops I checked out my favourite "junk" shops and found some Chinese fabric parasols. They have been sitting on my desk for a while as I have been snowed under with study... plus to honest my mojo had gone north for a holiday I think..lol
So.. I finally decided it was time to start what I had envisioned.
With no real plan in mind I started on recovering the umbrella with a clean base to start with of calico using some Helmar 450 to adhere it to the umbrella base. Because it is quick drying it was finished in no time and I couldn't get impatient.
Next I made up some paper vines using some brown paper lunch bags, ink and some of Helmar's Kids Craft Glue.. my kids weren't very impressed when I stole it back to use..lol.
Still not having any clear plan at to what I was doing.. I then adhered some tulle to the umbrella using Helmar 450 , as I knew I wanted to create some dimension to the butterflies that I would be adding later.