Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Just Because...

Just a quick share before I start winding things up here for Christmas and our big trip to Tasmania.

Bit hard to believe that firstly Christmas is upon us and that my ticker on the side here keeps telling me our trip is almost here.

I have been madly packing, baking and organising things for while we are away. But in between I have been reflecting on the past year and the year to come.

There has been many changes happening in our family this year. And I know that next year will bring many more changes. I have managed to stay on top of things MOST of the times I am pleased to say.. no matter what or who has brought me down. I shared some amazing times with fellow scrapbooker, friends and family that I wouldn't trade for the world.

This is what has happened this year with the kids so far..

Jhane has bloomed into a beautiful teenager. Despite the way she drives up up the wall at time, like any teenager, she has achieved so much. With excelling in Japanese at school, making it into the Premier Readers Challenge Hall of Fame, Working towards her Scout Medallion, Winning in the drawing and Scouts photography sections at the Royal Adelaide Show,to making it into the High School volleyball team for next year, to name changes, standing up for what she believes in and working on making so many new friends. She has also made me so proud at her graduation that I came close to tears many times. No matter what she has gone through in her life she has always held her head high and battled on. I am very proud to say that she is my daughter.


Nate is always the show pony. He continues to make us laugh and keep us thinking with his wild and wonderful stories at the dinner table (we often wonder if they will ever end!). He has done so well at school this year. He managed to improve so well with his reading that he is now reading very well on his own.. but not just reading it but understanding what he is reading. Che also managed to get a bronze medal for his Premier Readers Challenge. What I love most about Nate is regardless of whether he is playing Brats dolls with the girls, building Lego well beyond his 7 years, wearing make up happily which the girls plastered all over him, or building 4wd tracks in the sand pit, he is always just being himself.


Kiah will always been the quieter on I think. She is more reserved than the others. She has had quite a few changes this year. With making some amazing friends at playgroup (MWAHxx), grown more confident around other children, started at Occasional Care where she will be attending Preschool next year, started Calisthenics, and gotten glasses. I am glad that we finally have gotten her eye problem sorted.. though follow up in February will see if they are fixing the problem. It has been a learning curve for us realizing what she really hadn't been able to see. She has been rediscovering everything and now seems so much happier since she got them. She has mastered the art of riding her two wheeler bike with trainer like a dream, and doesn't blink and eyelid walking the two kms to school with the older kids. She talks away so much now and really can be such a gentle soul. It is hard to believe that she starts preschool next year. Time seems to have flown that's for sure.


Tarryn or Miss Trouble, Bower Bird, Taddazz, Moppy, or just TROUBLE !!! as she is known by. She is a little like Nate. Very out there. A bit bossy and generally very cheeky. She is such a tiny little thing.. almost 2 and still in size 0 clothes.. weighs just 10 kilos and eats like a horse. She has almost all her teeth.. currently cutting her four eye teeth at once that have been sitting there so soooo long. She talks like anything and I don't mean babble. She is very good with her pronunciation. she is forever hiding the car keys on us, walking around with her dolly and any bag she can use as a handbag, wearing anyone elses shoes but her own, and bullying everyone as she walks around with real attitude.


With changes happening in the new year such as me starting studying, Kiah staring Preschool, Nate starting primary by himself for the first time without Jhane, and Jhane starting high school. We are all in for a few changes in this house hold as we adjust.

It will be a very exciting new year that's for sure. I know that it will take a bit to work out the new routine but I am confident we will get there.

I want to also take a minute to reflect on my friends and family. This year has taught me a few harsh challenges. I have learnt who I can rely on, who I no longer want in my life, and who has been there for us no matter how hard things got. I have made many new friends that have certainly made my life much brighter. I have also learnt that no matter how bleak things can seem at times that there is always someone worse off than yourself. But most of all that people will not get me down. I am better than that and stronger than most of you believe. No matter what you do to me I will always get back up and keep going.

I especially want to thank my Mum for everything that she has done for us this year. From the support she has given us when things got tough, to the home cook meals she brings us ever week, the little holidays the kids have with them so I can get a break, to the love and care she gives my Dad no matter how hard it get looking after him. I know that she has a very challenging role now looking after my Dad for the past few years and that things are only getting worse. I know that now matter how bad things get and how hard it is for her that I can always depend on her. I am glad that she is finally getting some respite help with dad to take the pressure off herself.

Okay so if you have made it to the end of this extremely long post.. well done...

I will leave you with a little picture of Snoopy at Christmas. It reminds me of my Dad and all the good times that we have had together. He has been my inspiration this year. He has been through so much over the past few years and no matter what still makes me laugh when things get bad. He is forever thinking about others and how his conditions affect them rather than wallowing. He is the one that has taught me to be strong and believe in yourself. Thank you.

Here's hoping that my 2011 is just as exciting and challenging as this year or I may get bored.. you know me.. never idle...lol...

Cheers M x

No comments: