Monday, August 10, 2009

H2O

Am loving this paper range by Kimberly Polson. I feel it works so well for so many different them and layouts. I have fun playing with this last last few weeks creating up a storm here in Adelaide.

Have had this photo laying on my desk for ages.. just waiting for the right paper to arrive. Do you know how hard it has been to match those colours.. YES ! I know I could have converted it to B&W though I think it would have lost something in translation.. so to speak. My son is a very vibrant and colourful person and photos of him in B&W seem to make him look very serious. This photo shows his vibrant attitude and the quirky nature of him. I also wanted to remember the bright purple and aqua blue sumo looking swim suit that we had put on him when he first wanted to learn to swim by himself. He is normally such a scrawny looking child and when he worn this swim suit he looked hilarious !


So when this paper arrived out came this photo. This photo of the layout doesn't really do it justice. The colours of the paper worked so well with it. I was even able to mix it up with using the chipboard surfboard and flourishes from Ink by Steph as it worked with theses colours too.

Why not pull out some colours you wouldn't normally use and give them a try.

Cheers M x

No comments: