Monday, July 27, 2009

Fiskars Hits the Barossa !!

A while ago while having a discussion with my mother in law about Fiskars and the crops I hold here at my place every second month, we discussed me being able to teach a few friends of hers a few things. Well.. my mother in law lives about 1 1/2 hours away from us one way on a farm at Springton, in the Barossa. Now as much as I would love to be able to get up there to teach theses lovely ladies that have shown amazing interest there are a few things that make such a feat a little hard.
Firstly trying to juggle what would happening with my four kids while I was away for a day.
Secondly transport would be hard for myself and the ladies involved.. plus the distance of them coming here was difficult
and ...
Thirdly trying to juggle time commitment of myself, my family and all the ladies involved would have been too hard.

So bearing all this in mind.. my mother in law and I have tried an alternative. As I make up kits for the ladies who attend the crops here with full instructions and precut kits, we thought we would try the ladies in the Barossa getting together and making up the kits from the crops themselves.

So...they tried this the first time and were so excited to be getting together to scrap. Each of the kits contain an OTP item and 6 cards. As most of the ladies are fairly new to scrapbooking they work on the cards one time and get together the next time and make up the OTP item. After some of the ladies had taken there items home other have seen what they have done and they now have a nice little group of ten ladies getting together once a month to hold their own little crop.
Here's some photos taken by my mother in law of their first crop...


I just want to say a huge thanks to my mother in law for spreading the Fiskars love and helping get this crop happening. I would also love to say thanks to all the lovely ladies that attend the crop and pass on there comments about how much they are enjoying what I send them. I know that I can't be with you at the crops but think of you all on your crop days and hope you continue to enjoy the Fiskars tools and products. I am looking forward to seeing more of that you have all been up to.

Keep your eyes peeled for more exciting news about Fiskars crops that happen here in SA.

Cheers M x

No comments: