Saturday, May 9, 2009

Some Fiskars Fun for Mother's Day

My Mother in Law had been asking for a nice picture of the kids to have on display in here house for ages. I also love making things for my Mother In law. She has started to scrapbook herself and loves things that are off the page.

Yeah.. I have been really slack in getting one to her. Mind you.. have you ever tried to get 4 kids to sit still, smile and behave for the camera all at one time ?? near impossible.

Well with Mother's Day around the corner I thought it was about time to get my act together. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get the kids to cooperate that's for sure so worked with what we already had on hand.

I managed to find a photo we had take of the kids all laying on our bed when my youngest was born earlier this year. Converted the photo to black and white, making it easier to play with and set to work creating a canvas.

It was a quick project once I got started really. I had chosen a canvas that was 12x12, so it was just like creating a layout really. Absolutely love the Heidi Grace Reagan's Closet and Sweetest Bug range of clear stamps at the moment. They work so well together and really called out the be used as embellishments on this layout. So I stamped away onto some scrap white cardstock and used my water colour pencils to colour them in. Added some kindy glitz and rain dots and my embellishments were all done.

So here's what I came up with....




Products used:
12" x 12" Canvas
Heidi Grace - Reagan's Closet paper range
Heidi Grace Alpha Stickers
Cloud 9 Rain dots
Kindy Glitz
Versa mark and Stazon Ink
Permanent Marker
Paint
Water Colour pencils
Gemstones
Fiskars 3D Foam Adhesives

Tools used:
Fiskars Paper Trimmer
Fiskars Eyelet Setters
Fiskars Squeeze Punches - Round and Round
Fiskars Border Punch - Threaded Water
Fiskars Stamp Blocks
Heidi Grace Clear Stamps


Why not make your Mother or Mother in Law something special today... Let them know how much you care about them no matter what the day is.

TFL, Mx

No comments: