Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fiskars February Inspiration Challenge - Pink and Green Colour Combo

When I saw this challenge I just knew I would have to give it a try. I really wanted to use these colours, but not in traditional pink and green colours... if you know what I mean. For my first LO I played around with a real dull olive green, maroon and girly pink to create a LO of my newest addition, Tarryn. It turned out the way I had hoped and really isn't a traditional baby LO either, which is what I love about it.

For the second LO I went for a real bright girly pink, Olive green and lime green. This worked really well with the pictures I had of Kiah. I loved using up scraps and mixing things up in this LO.

So here's they are:

Layout 1 - The Day You Came =Loved playing around with this one. Set myself a challenge with this colour combination and went for different shades of green and pink, using an olive green with a bright girly pink and maroon type pink contrast. Really loved how this turned out.Also got to finally use the clothing tag with the flourish from Cotton on Kids, I had been hanging onto for that special LO.

Products used: Heidi Grace PP - Urban Acres Range, Heidi Grace - Urban Acres Rubons, Heidi Grace - Urban Acres Glittered Shapes (Flower, Heidi Grace - Urban Acres Sticker Words, Heidi Grace - Stitched Border clear stamps, Stazon Ink - Black, Journalling Pen, Grant Archival CS, Kindy Glitz, Dimensional Magic, Black Permanent Marker, Cloud 9 Alphabet Stickers, Mixed Heidi Grace Ribbons, Other Ribbon, Chipboard Bookplate, Date Stamp, Clothing Tag.

Layout 2 - Adore U = This layout was made using a DT kit from Direct2UScrapbooking and my own stash. When I received the kit I knew the Heidi Grace glittered Baby Girl Paper would be perfect for this. Loved mixing this one up a bit with all different scraps of paper and the Heidi Swapp tapes.

From my stash: Heidi Grace pp - Baby Girl - Glittered, Heidi Grace Chipboard Scroll, Heidi Grace Clear Scroll Stamps, Stazon Ink - Black, MM Noteworthy Journal Block, Heidi Grace Chipboard Shapes,Kaiser Pearls and Gemstones, Acetate, Journalling Pen, Kaiser Flourish Journal and Mixed Clear Stamps,Cloud 9 quote sticker, Heidi Grace Alpha Stickers.

Why not give this colour combination a try and see what you come up with.

Cheers M x

1 comment:

Kerryn said...

Love how you've used this colour combo. Especially love the top layout!

TFS