Monday, March 17, 2008

All the fun details about the FIRST EVER Fiskars Easter Eggtranaganza in South Australia

Okay...Hello all... I am back to report on the wonderful things that happened at our special day...This is a long post... but I assure you it will be worth the read...

I would like to firstly start by thanking Fiskars Melbourne Head Office and Lyn especially, for all their support and hard work to help me get this event happening... considering it was just a dream a couple of months ago and I was lucky enough to have been able to achieve such an amazing thing...

The best way I can describe the build up to the day and the day itself would be that it was like watching a child grow and develop... if that makes sense... okay I am probably getting carried away.. but for me this day was very important...I love to scrapbook and love teaching others.. I am very passionate about the Fiskars range so for me this day was a combination of all that I love...I felt very proud to have been allowed to hold such a day and it was very satisfying for all involved.

Okay ... I know... enough of the deep and meaningful stuff at this time of the morning...
So... the day started with many eager scrappers arriving early as they were all so excited... so of which had driven for an hour or more to get here..I was so pleased to see that everyone had already arrived by the time I had planned to start...As they had arrived I asked them to write up their name tags and we chatted briefly about Fiskars... Once we were all settled the day started off with a fun and intense game of Bingo....I have never seen such a quiet room as everyone concentrated so hard... When I handed out the Bingo prize to the winner, she was kind enough to hand all her goodies around for all to see...She was also soooo happy with the prizes she received.

Next we had a chat about Fiskars and some of the tool that are on the market.. The ladies loved being able to have a go themselves and see how the tool actually worked.. Before going into our first project for the day we had morning tea...I must say that the homemade cupcakes with passionfruit icing and chocolate icing certainly went down a treat... plus the chocolate chip cookies we absolutely divine... maybe I am a little bias.. but I do know that at the end of the day the plates were very empty...

Our first project was an Altered CD Album.... the ladies were a little shocked that they were able to complete something that looked so hard so easily once they were shown how... the Heidi Grace rub ons went down a treat as everyone loved how well they worked compared to some on the market. Once the albums were finished there was many talking about making more in the next few weeks for presents as they loved making them... shopping lists were also started as to what Heidi Grace and Fiskars products they need to get this week...

No one seemed to want to stop for lunch as I had to call them several times... they were so eager to keep going... so after a quick break for lunch we started on the next projects...Cards....Before we started I showed them the cards and they were all excited that we were making so many...plus they absolutely adored the aper ranges that we were going to be working with...
With each card they learned a new technique and also learnt a bit more about the different tools we used. Yet again the shopping lists grew and I could see some very excited ladies in my midst.

To understand what I mean a little better... most of the ladies that came to the crop day were beginners or had been doing it for only a little while... they had also all come to my demonstrations at Spotlight stores here in Adelaide and were so excited about being able to find out more about the products that some had hunted me down.

The day I feel was a huge success... I had an absolutely amazing time sharing this day with some very amazing ladies. They were all so eager to learn and have a laugh at the same time. It was a real pleasure to teach them.

We were suppose to end the day at 5pm though we were still going at 6.15pm...It was such a fun day that no one wanted to leave... and I was in no hurry either..We go so carried away with the day that I didn't even get a chance to draw the lucky draw prize... I have have put all the names in a bowl and will get my son to draw the prize now......

So here goes......

the winner is....
....
...
..
Pat....YEAH.... Congratulations.... I will get your prize into the mail for you shortly...
It was a truly magical day with everyone asking when they can come again... Everyone left armed with their completed goodies...chocolate goodie bags and huge shopping lists of things to buy next time they visit the shops...lol...lol...

Here is a copy of the email I received this morning...

Dear Michelle,
I know you are sending us the evaluation sheet but had to tell you how very much i enjoyed the day - in fact the three of us on the way home to Salisbury talked about how great the day was and how much more confident we feel about using some of the tools now.
You made the day great and made us very welcome and at home, thanks for sharing all this with us. Keep us on you mailing list pleeeeease.
Warm wishes Mary x


Thanks to all that can along to share this day with me... you are all very amazing people and were a real pleasure to teach. I do look forward to catching up in the next few months, as I plan to continue to build on where we have started with Fiskars in South Australia..
I will finish off today with some photos of the day for all to see... I still need to get the group photos from another camera on the weekend as we didn't have the cable to get them... will share them later...





Cheers and thanks for looking...M x

BTW>>> Kerryn.... if you would like to email me you address you were the lucky winner of a card pack for correctly guessing the Altered CD Album....thanks for that.... Congrats too....
mlwallace@internode.on.net

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,this is a little late in coming but I just have to say I love reading this post, you sound like you had an amazing day and I can only imagine how much work you put in, its very satisfying when you get such positive feedback from ladies that you are sharing your knowledge with, well done:0)they really sound like a wonderful bunch that are willing to have a go.